Good oral hygiene is a crucial part of your child’s dental health. At DentalWorks, our dental professionals provide the care and instruction your child needs to begin developing good oral hygiene habits, including brush, flossing, and eating good foods and drinks. Give us a call today to learn more about dental hygiene in Athens, Texas, and to set up your child’s appointment with one of our friendly pediatric dentists.
A healthy smile is incredibly important for a growing child, and a good foundation for oral health can help support their health in the future. Primary teeth help your child eat and speak correctly, as well as helping the permanent teeth come in correctly.
Helping your child develop good oral health habits is crucial. Here are some tips for how to do that:
- Make sure they brush twice a day. Your child will need your help to brush their teeth until they have the dexterity to do it on their own, usually around age 7. Make sure the head is small and the bristles are soft.
- Help your child floss once a day. Flossing removes food below the gum line and is important to keep your child’s smile healthy.
- Bring your child to visit with our pediatric dentist on a regular basis. Home care is important, but so are regular visits to our office, where we can make sure small problems are taken care of before they grow. We can also talk with you about our options for preventive treatment.
- Make sure your child’s diet is balanced. Regular, nutritious meals are much better for oral health than snacking on sugary and acidic foods.
- Be sure to protect your child’s smile! If your child participates in sports, make sure they always wear a mouth guard.
If you have any more questions about caring for your child’s oral health, contact us today! We will be happy to answer any more questions you have.