Has your child begun to show signs that they are teething? If so, it is crucial to help them deal with the sometimes-painful condition. Teething is entirely natural in all children, as it is merely the process of teeth sprouting up above the gum line. However, it can often cause discomfort and pain for the child, so various treatment services should be used. Listed below is information concerning teething in children:
– Various tools and treatment methods can be given to help a teething child, including teething rings, soft music, gauze pads, or even cold spoons gently rubbed against their gum line.
– Avoid using your finger as a soothing tool on their gums unless it has been cleaned first.
– Teething can often be seen in the mannerisms of a child, including additional fussiness and irritability, a loss of appetite, or even excessive drooling.
– Avoid teething tablets for children under two years old, except for times and circumstances approved of or under the supervision of their pediatrician.
– If symptoms of teething get worse, which includes diarrhea, rashes, or fevers, consult their pediatrician as soon as possible.
Come speak with Dental Works to learn which treatment is right for your child. To schedule an oral exam with Dr. Jennifer Morgan and our team at our pediatric office in Athens, Texas, simply give us a call at 903-675-0023. Thanks for visiting with a smile!